Monday, May 19, 2008

French Nest

Pretty French Settee Sofa at French Nest

I love the charming town of San Anselmo in Marin County California. I love to peruse it's antique and unique boutique stores. Through the years, I have snagged some fantastic home and garden decor items for our home from the quaint shops there.

One of my favorite stores was a darling tiny home and garden store called Grasshopper owned by Holly Hopper. She is a very talented designer/shop owner with a great sense of style and display. She closed Grasshopper and just opened a larger store with Silke Solomon called French Nest. Lucky for us Francophiles, there is now a larger inventory of gorgeous vintage and reproduction French Furniture and Home & Garden decor!

As a designer, I just love this store! Here is a peak inside the store:

Ooh, la, la...Parisian Eiffel Tower Accessories!


Elegant Table Top Items with French Flair!

French Nest has only been open for one month. They are planning a Grand Opening event soon. They also hope to have a web site up and running soon, too. For more information, give Holly a call or better yet...stop in for a visit and some French decorating inspiration!

Update 2015:  
Sadly this store moved to Sonoma and is now closed.  I loved Holly's style and stores!  

7 comments:

ByJane said...

Wow! Your site is looking terrific. Very, very professional!! You've been a busy bee, haven't you (but not knitting...?!)

The only suggestion I have is that you create an actual link to your Ebay store to make it super-easy for visiters to get there.

Unknown said...

Thanks Jane! You are the one that inspired me to start my own blog! Thanks for the tip for my Ebay store. I will try to figure that out.
Too, hot to knit now! See you at Kntique soon though!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comments about French Nest. You should Have a sit down with Silke just to chat about France and her design work. She used to own the store Tremolat before French Nest.

thanks
Brock

Unknown said...

Merci for your comment Brock! I have only met Holly of French Nest. I will try to meet Silke next time and have a chat about France.
Best,
Lisette

Susan said...

How lovely your review is of French Nest! Great photos as well. Thank you and stop by again as the windows were just redone recently by a wonderfully talented local photographer, Damian Miles so they are even more ooh-la-la! than ever! We love the gals that run the store there, they are always such a hoot! It's definitely one of the happiest, mood lifting places to be in Northern California. Endless treasures for all!

Terri Conrad said...

oh that settee is scrumptious. Next time I'm in No. CA, I must visit your shop.

Terri Conrad
Terri Conrad Designs®

Gracefully Vintage said...

Thanks for sharing, we drove from Folsom to San Anselmo, just to visit that shoppe. LOVE IT, it was stunning and a shop to inspire to...
Love your pics..
Karryann