Saturday, August 9, 2008

Georgiana Duchess of Devonshire by Amanda Foreman

Georgiana
Duchess of Devonshire
by Amanda Foreman

This is the book that inspired the movie... Georgiana, Duchess of Devonshire by Amanda Foreman.

I am so thrilled! Best-selling author Amanda Foreman just commented on my post about the soon-to-be-released The Duchess movie! Amanda loved the movie and says that it is pretty faithful to her book, for a movie. How exciting for her to see her very first book come to life on the big screen! Congratulations, Amanda!

For more information about Amanda and her other books check out her website. I loved reading how she became fully engrossed in Georgiana as she researched and wrote her biography.

Whenever we visit Britain, I always try to include a visit to a historic stately home in our itinerary. I think it is the Interior Designer in me! Now I can add Kedleston Hall to our list of sites for a future visit. I loved reading Amanda's account when she visited the filming of The Duchess at Kedleston Hall!

Thank you Amanda for bringing Georgiana's life story to us in your book and in the movie it inspired!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Thanks for this great information. Very cool that Amanda commented on your post. I am going to try and read the book before the movie comes to Tulsa!

Unknown said...

Hi Ruth, I am going to try to read the book before the movie opening, too!