Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Saying Good Bye to Country Home

Country Home Magazine's Final Issue

I am having a hard time saying good bye to another favorite magazine... Country Home.

The April 2009 issue of Country Home is it's last. According to Meredith Corp. the magazine was cut from it's line up due to the recessionary economy. Sad news for the loyal readers of Country Home Magazine!

I've been a fan of Country Home magazine for many years. It was certainly a "top notch" country lifestyle magazine. I suppose I am a city girl with a country heart so County Home's pages gave me a true taste of the "country life". Through the years it even evolved into a more "modern country" feel...perfect for a city girl like me!

Pattern Pretty Feature Story

Since I am an Interior Designer I will miss it's wonderful articles and ideas on decorating. I was so excited to see this month's story called Pattern Pretty. It is a wonderful article on a British designer, Christina Strutt of Cabbages and Roses. I discovered Christina's work years ago in a British design magazine. I love her vintage inspired pretty rose cotton fabrics and her home and fashion accessory line.

Red and White Decorating

I will miss the wonderful decorating ideas and photography of Country Home magazine. It was always filled with such pretty pictures and rooms you just want to live in!

Orange Rhubard Quick Bread

I will miss the recipes and the stories about great home chefs across our country. My favorite baking stories were always the cupcake ones!

Ideas To Get Your Garden Growing!

I will miss the many garden stories and wonderful country garden photos. I will miss many other things about Country Home, too. I will miss it's pages filled with seasonal ideas, craft projects, English china, vintage collectibles and antique and flea market guides.


Goodbye Country Home!

I once had to say goodbye to another favorite magazine, Victoria. Several years later it came back into publication. I hope that one day Country Home magazine will come back to life, too!

If you are lucky...you still may be able to find this last issue of Country Home on your newstand!

No comments: