Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Baking: From My House to Yours

 Tea Time

It's Tea Time Tuesday and do I have a treat for you...

Apple Toffee Bars! 


 Apple Toffee Bars

I recently enjoyed looking through my friend's copy of Dorie Greenspan's new book Around My French Table.  A few days later, I cracked open one of my Dorie Greenspan books Baking:  From My House to Yours. 

Since fall is still slow to arrive in Northern California, I thought if I baked an apple recipe with cinnamon and spice, fall would be sure to follow.  It actually kind of worked.  Temperatures have dropped, we had a bit of rain and I have a "keeper" fall recipe!

Dorie's Applesauce Spice Bars are a delicious taste of fall.  I followed Dorie's recipe and achieved excellent results.  I sometimes like to tweak a recipe a bit.   For these bars, I omitted the raisins, used two Red Rome apples instead of one and increased the allspice to 1 t. 

 At my house, I'm calling the recipe Apple Toffee Bars. They are so moist with their delicious toffee glaze they remind me of an apple twist on Sticky Toffee Pudding.

Baking
From My House to Yours

Dorie's bars are a perfect fall treat with your favorite cup of tea.

Just click here and you can have the recipe,too! 


(In the photos:  Spode Blue & White China and my Grandmother's Blue Farm Mixing Bowl.)

1 comment:

Ruth said...

You should compile your "Tea Time Tuesday" blogs in a few years and write a book. I am serious!