Sunday, April 17, 2011

Royal-Tea Memorabilia

King George VI Coronation Mug

Thanks to the upcoming Royal Wedding...
there's a lot of buzz over British Royal Commemorative china again.

I might even snag a William & Kate Royal Wedding mug when I visit The Potteries
(Stoke-on-Trent, England ) next month. 

Commemorative china and Royal souvenirs honoring coronations and royal events have been collectible for years. 

Check out this neat article The Queen of Royal Memorabila from the UK newspaper, The Times.  I loved it!

Princess Elizabeth

I spotted a fantastic 1937 King George VI Coronation Mug (top photo) today at
Folsom's Antique Peddlers Fair. 

The British antique dealer was quite lovely allowing me to photograph it.  She couldn't wait to come over and turn it around to point out the mug's backside with the adorable HRH Princess Elizabeth on it. 

I loved the movie The King's Speech and it was so neat to see an actual 
commemorative mug from his reign today!

No comments: