Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Tale of Peter Rabbit

 The Tale of Peter Rabbit

"I am sorry to say that Peter was not well during the evening.

His mother put him to bed, and made some camomile tea:
and she gave a dose of it to Peter!"


I can't help but think of Beatrix Potter's
adorable Peter Rabbit at Easter time.

Hilltop Farm Garden Gate
(I took this photo when we visited Beatrix Potter's
Hilltop Farm in The Lake District, England)

As the tale goes, mischievous Peter squeezed under the garden gate to Mr. McGregor's garden and ate too many vegetables that gave him an upset tummy.  That is why his mother gave him camomile tea.

Chamomile herbal tea is soothing for an upset stomach and calming as well. 

Peter Rabbit

Since it's Easter week my Peter Rabbit figurine and friends are out for tea. 

I hope you enjoy fresh baked scones or hot cross buns with tea this Easter week.

And if you're ever travelling in The Lake District, be sure to visit Hilltop Farm and have afternoon tea at  nearby Sharrow Bay Hotel on Lake Ullswater.


***If you are interested in the life of Beatrix Potter, you might enjoy my 2009 post about her on my knitting blog.  She was a woman way ahead of her time.  I admire her so much.


(In the photos:  Royal Winton Old Cottage tea cup and Richmond plate, vintage Beswick Peter Rabbit figurine and Wedgwood Peter Rabbit tea caddy.) 

No comments: